Dentures are a simple way to restore the oral functionality of patients who are missing a large number of natural teeth. They are removable prosthetics made from dental-grade ceramic and gum-colored acrylic.
Read on to learn more about how our team at Rio Rancho Family Dental Care can help restore your oral functionality with dentures.
What Are the Advantages of Dentures?
- Dentures are a one-stop solution for replacing multiple missing teeth.
- They can be customized as required to look just like natural teeth, thereby being very discrete.
- Our dentists can ensure your dentures fit perfectly and stay fixed when you bite or chew food, talk, or laugh.
- Dentures can fully restore your oral functionality.
- Dentures also help restore your facial structure, filling the jaw and cheeks.
- Dentures are very durable as they are made from resistant materials.
Types of Dentures Available at Rio Rancho Family Dental Care
Here are the three main types of dentures we offer patients:
Conventional Dentures - the most common types of dentures that our dentists can fit after any remaining teeth are removed and the wounds heal.
Immediate Dentures - prefabricated before extracting the remaining teeth. They are ready to be used on the same day the teeth are removed and allow the wounds to heal under the restoration.
Partial Dentures - fabricated as required to replace only a few selected sets of teeth. The prosthetic teeth sit right beside the natural ones, giving you a complete smile.
How Are Dentures Placed?
Our dentists will first determine which type of dentures would best suit your needs. Then, if you have any remaining teeth that need to be extracted, that will be the first step of the procedure.
A highly precise digital impression of your teeth and jaw ridges will be used as a reference for fabricating the prostheses.
During the final consultation, our dentists will place the dentures in your mouth and check that the fit is suitable. If the dentures require re-contouring, we will make the changes accordingly.
To find out more about the benefits of dentures, reach out to Rio Rancho Family Dental Care. Our experienced dentists will help diagnose your oral condition and provide the best treatment. Reach us at (505) 891-4510, schedule a consultation online, or visit us at 4041 Ridge Rock Rd SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124.