Dental crowns and bridges are two of the most common tooth restorations. They are made from dental-grade ceramic, a material that offers excellent durability and customizability.
Crowns can restore the strength, structure, size, and functionality of your teeth, whereas bridges are the simplest way to replace several missing natural teeth.
Read on to learn more about the dental crowns and bridges procedures we offer at Rio Rancho Family Dental Care.
What Are the Advantages of Crowns?
- Crowns are made from highly customizable dental-grade ceramic and can match the exact aesthetics of your natural teeth.
- Crowns offer excellent durability and strength, thereby keeping the tooth underneath protected from decay and damage.
- They are highly versatile and can fix multiple oral concerns such as broken, chipped, cracked, weak, worn-out teeth as well as serve as replacement teeth for dental implants.
- Crowns are firmly fixed to the teeth and cannot get displaced.
- Crowns can be placed in just two dental visits.
Why Choose Dental Bridges?
- Bridges are the simplest way to replace several missing natural teeth.
- They provide excellent durability and strength.
- Bridges restore the natural functionality of the mouth by enabling you to bite and chew food, pronounce words correctly, etc.
- Since dental bridges are made from dental-grade ceramic, they can be customized to fit adjoining teeth perfectly in terms of color, texture, size, contour, etc.
- The procedure for placing dental bridges is simple and can be completed in just two visits to our dental office.
How Are Crowns and Bridges Placed?
The procedure for placing dental crowns or bridges begins with a thorough screening process. During this step, our dentists will look into various aspects such as the severity of your oral condition, and take oral scans and X-rays.
This data will also be used as a reference for fabricating the dental restorations.
Until the permanent restoration is ready, our dentists can fit you with a temporary restoration to protect the tooth.
For the final step, our dentists will remove the temporary restoration, and place the permanent restoration on the tooth. After checking that it is a perfect fit, our dentists will bond the restoration using dental adhesives.
To find out more about the benefits of crowns and bridges, contact Rio Rancho Family Dental Care and our team will gladly help you. Contact us at (505) 891-4510, 4041 Ridge Rock Rd SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124, or by scheduling a consultation online.